Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pictures--maybe

I'm going to try to post a few pictures. This is a picture of the ruins of Herod's palace at Caesarea on the coast of the Mediterranean sea. The large area in the center with the water is where his swimming pool once was.

This is one of the elaborate mosaics on the floor (at or near) the Roman bath at Herod's palace. [this is especially for my mosaic loving friend, Karen]


 This is a bird that is about the size of a crow and probably as common [this is especially for my bird loving friend, Norma]

I'm too tired to continue. More pictures tomorrow...maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Clear as can be, and beautiful. So keep posting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a modern historian, but when traveling I love nothing more than ancient history. Thank you for sharing these amazing sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks Jody, looking forward to seeing more. Maybe you can "do a class" some Sunday after the service in the summer.

    ReplyDelete